Whether you are just beginning a college diploma, apprenticeship program, university degree or defending your PhD thesis, Inspiration will be your software of choice. Not only will Inspiration help you plan and organize your thesis, essays, assignments and reports, but it will also help you synthesize information in course text books, keep track of assignments and study. In addition, it will help you effectively present your work in text, visual and presentation forms. Here's an example of what you can do.
- Create a course overview in the written outline of Inspiration. Then using the key concepts or assignments, create hyperlinks to various readings, websites or Inspiration diagrams to support studying or completion of assignments. In this way, your outline becomes a "home" document allowing you to organize everything for your course under one file.
- Create concepts and/or mind maps of course content. Use colour and images to support memory. Use note pads or record your thoughts and ideas. Come exam time these concept maps become excellent study tools, condensing course content and your interpretation and understanding of the content, into organized and structured visual diagrams.
Developing Reports, Assignments, Essays
- Use Inspiration's RapidFire feature to brainstorm ideas and develop questions about a topic. Use this basic outline to further explore each key concept by brainstorming ideas for each subtopic. Use the Word Guide to analyze and better understand the questions you are to answer. Once you have narrowed down your topic, use note pads to record websites, books and article titles, jot notes, quotations etc.
- Use structured writing templates (available with the program) to organize and structure your written responses. Use the record feature to quickly record your ideas as they occur to you. Use the auto spell check and Word Guide to ensure your writing is clear and concise. Use the listen feature to help detect typos, incorrect grammar and choppy writing. Finally, Transfer your work to a word processor to complete your final editing.
- Go beyond PowerPoint™. Use gradual reveal (show or hide subtopics), note pads (open and close note pads), create a series of hyperlinked diagrams to use as part of an oral presentation. Export your work as html and create instant web pages. The possibilities are endless!
Comprehend. Create. Communicate. Achieve More
For visual mapping, outlining, writing and making presentations, use Inspiration® 9, the ultimate thinking and learning tool. Brainstorm ideas, structure your thoughts and visually communicate concepts to strengthen understanding with the Diagram and Map Views. To take notes, organize information, and structure writing for plans, papers and reports, use the integrated Outline View to focus on main and supporting ideas and to clarify thinking in written form. With Inspiration's Presentation Manager, transform your diagrams, mind maps and outlines into polished presentations that communicate ideas clearly and demonstrate understanding and knowledge.
Students build graphic organizers, including concept maps, webs, mind maps and idea maps, in Inspiration to: